A set of full-text search tools for your PC or Web site. The program scans directories with your documents and builds search index for further quick search. With 7sDoc you can look for the most relevant to your query file with a single click.
The program consists of three entities:
7s Indexer - a tool to create search indexes;
7sDoc - a program for searching files via search indexes;
7s Search Engine - a COM component which you can use to add search functionality to your application, Internet or Intranet web site.
The program's main features:
- found files are sorted by relevance, the most relevant to your query documents are shown at the top of result list. To value the relevance each file is estimated by several parameters such as frequency of search phrase, phrase position inside the file, presence of search phrase in filename, importance of search words, file size, file age, etc.
- you can create separated indexes for different directories with your documents. On search you can choose search area to perform independent search on files grouped by themes.
- supports fuzzy search. The program's search algorithm can look for document that match the given words and some variation around them;
- supports full-text search in files such as DOC, XLS, RTF, TXT, HTM;
- supports incremental reindexing of updated or new files;
- prevent files with dublicate content from being indexed;
- can remove unexisted files from search index on reindexing;
- support unattended reindexing from command-line prompt;
- the 7s Search Engine COM component allows you to add search features to your application, Internet or Intranet web site on Windows platform.
7sdoc is available in lite and professional (pro) editions. The lite version is free for personal use.
More information from program website